tl tr
Public Health Minimize
bl br
Public Health Menu

Children and Adolescent Immunizations


Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedules

Required Immunizations | Vacunas Requeridas

  • Your child’s pediatrician or family medicine doctor  
  • Most local pharmacies provide vaccines for children 3 years or older. 
    • For information about where to get the COVID-19 vaccine and the flu vaccine (including pharmacies) please visit 
    • Call ahead to make sure that they have the vaccine you are looking for. 
  • Immunization Clinics in Santa Cruz County

If your child needs a medical exemption from required immunizations, please visit the CDPH CAIR Medical Exemption website to learn how to request a medical exemption from your child’s physician. Below are the steps to request a Medical Exemption:

  1. The first step to request a medical exemption for your child is to register for a CAIR-ME account
  2. Next, log in to your account and complete the required fields to request an exemption. The site will give you a Medical Exemption Request Number to give to your child's doctor. 
  3. The doctor can register for an account in CAIR-ME, log in, search for the medical exemption request number or your child’s name, enter the required information, and issue the exemption. 
  4. The doctor will give you a copy of the two-page medical exemption form for you to take to your child's school or child-care facility.

Check the following places:

UPDATED: 11/8/22